The Computer Lab is the room equiped with computers where students perform "hands-on" activities. This laboratory at IPRC West is to be well equiped and secured to facilitate students research and practice in the daily work of students.The school posses Two Computer Labs with both Cable and wireless connection.
The following regulations are to be observed so as to ensure safety inside the laboratory and to facilitate researchers and students carry their activities efficiently.
- No Personnal computer is allowed in the computer lab unless you get authorization from the responsible!
- NO eating OR drinking in the lab.
- Students’ files should be saved to their disks not on the hard drive.
- Internet use is a privilege. Do not visit “chat rooms”, or sites not specifically authorized by your instructor. E.g.: “www.facebook.com, www.twitter.com,”
- Games of any kind, are prohibited unless authorized by your instructor!
- When you are finished, unless told otherwise by your instructor, QUIT all programs and shutdown the computer.
- Before leaving, PLEASE CLEAN UP YOUR WORK AREA, put scrap paper in the paper recycling box, and push the chairs back under tables.
- Do not abuse the hardware. If you encounter a problem with hardware or
Software, tell your instructor.
- Be aware of any exposed wires, loose connections, and other hazardous conditions inside the laboratory. Never try to repair or fix them yourself. Report your observation immediately to your teacher and/or lab technician.
10. Do not play music; pick phone calls, while inside the laboratory.
11. Do not attempt to move any equipment.
12. Installing software and/or removing them is prohibited contact the ICT instructor in case of need!
13. Report to your teacher if the computer is not functioning.
14. Do not attempt to fix a computer unit on your own.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE ABOVE WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF USER PRIVILEGES, AND OTHER ACTIONS APPROPRIATED UNDER THE IPRC-West (Karongi Campus) DISCIPLINE POLICY
Last Updated (Monday, 21 April 2014 13:54)