RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR USING THE ICT BALORATORY FACILITIES
IPRC WEST posses two Computer Labs with both wired and wireless connection so The Computer Laboratory is where you perform your "hands-on" activities. The following rules and regulations are being observed to ensure safety while inside the laboratory premises
1. Do not use your own laptops in the computer laboratory.
2. No eating or drinking in the computer laboratory.
3. It is an offence to remove any component of computer installation (component here include internal and peripheral components like keyboard, mice, cable connectors, speakers, VDU, NIC cards, hard disks, memory, CD-ROM drives and their likes )
4. It is an offence to install unauthorized software or other applications in the computers without the consent of the ICT staff in charge of the labs
5. It is also an offence to remove installed software or application without the prior consent of the ICT staff on charge of the labs
6. It is an offence to user software tools or other utilities to crack the administrative password of the computer
7. Internet use is a privilege. Do not visit “chat rooms”, or sites not specifically authorized by your instructor E.g.: “www.facebook.com, www.twitter.com , and the site related to sexy,”
8. Games of any kind, are prohibited!
9. When you are finished, unless told otherwise by your instructor, QUIT all programs and shutdown the computer.
10. Do not abuse the hardware. If you encounter a problem with hardware or Software, tell your ICT staff.
11. Be aware of any exposed wires, loose connections, and other hazardous conditions inside the laboratory. Never try to repair or fix them yourself, report your observation immediately to your teacher and/or laboratory technician.
12. In order to maintain serene environment for studying , students are not allowed to use the lab computers for film or home video viewing. When working with study materials which have video files in them , they must do so with the aid of headphones as to ensure that it does not produce loud sounds to the discomfort and distraction of the others .
13. For the same reason as in the item (12), it shall be an offence to fight or have noisy or violent quarrel inside the computer laboratories
14. In labs in which more than classes are sharing the class periods, their class representatives shall work in consultation with the ICT staff in charge of the labs to develop and lab use schedule that will suit all students of the concerned classes.
15. The issues accrued in labs in which used by classes according to period sharing, their class representatives shall explain in detail with evidence to the ICT staff in charge of the laboratories at time and / or before submitting concerned laboratory keys.
16. Any loose or damage of laboratory equipment, the penalty will be applied to the accused student or class according to the evidences given in the item (15).
17. Students must comply with any other rules or verbal directives passed to them by the ICT staff in charge of the labs. Failure to comply of which it constitute an offence.
18. For all these offences if properly reported with clear evidence the culprits shall be subject to strict penalty as may be decided by the department.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE ABOVE WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF USER PRIVILEGES, AND OTHER PENALTIES APPROPRIATED UNDER THE IPRC-WEST (Karongi Campus) DISCIPLINE POLICY AND REGULATION
Last Updated (Tuesday, 23 December 2014 12:51)